I know it's been a while, but I'm sure you can relate, what with Thanksgiving and Christmas and all the crazy that comes with it. Not to mention that my little Etsy shop has seen a nutso spike in sales and I've been crocheting my ever-expanding tush off. Every spare moment is spent with yarn and hooks.
BUT, now that I have a few minutes, I'm gonna catch all three of my readers up on my progress!
At our 28 week appt. I was up to 146lbs and had the glucose screening, which came back completely normal! Wut wut! The growth ultrasound went well, but the tech couldn't get a clear shot of the goods, so I didn't get the boy confirmation I was hoping for. That hasn't really stopped me from buying cute little boy things :)
LM and I made a 14 hour trek to Colorado with my parents and grandma to be with my sister for Thanksgiving and her baby shower. Looking back now, I wish I hadn't gone. First, MyLovf had to work, so he couldn't come with us. I HATED to leave him by himself, but I really wanted to be there for the shower. Such a freaking waste of five days. The only plus I got out of it was a couple cute pictures of my sister and I all preggo together.
|Me: 28 Weeks. Her: 34 Weeks|
The week was full of eye rolls over my ridiculous BIL (Seriously. Ridiculous. He's a 24-year-old 12-year-old and so annoying), having to fight my parents and grandma for a decent place to sleep, and stressing out over the complete lack of planning for the shower. Her SIL took everything over and... *sigh*... suffice it to say that it was bad. My mom was in tears over how bad it was. The only people there were us, his parents, and his sister. That's it. The SIL just made it completely about her and inconvenienced everyone else, e.g. we were set to leave for home at 6:00 and she didn't even start the party until 5:00. So yeah. That was fun. I was also left to cook Thanksgiving dinner entirely by myself because she had gone into pre-term labor the night before and everyone but my grandma, me, and LM went to the hospital with her. They were all exhausted, so I had to cook it all. My favorite part was when my grandma, who had done nothing all day but put on an apron and then SIT DOWN, complained that it was taking too long and she was so hungry. Hmm... how about you actually do something to help speed things along instead of sitting on your ass and complaining? Oh wait, that would make too much sense. Super wonderful trip.
The Tuesday after we got back, MyLovf and I went on the hospital tour. Is it weird to say that I'm so excited to deliver in this hospital? It's so nice! I think they engineered it so that there couldn't be a lot of visitors after the fact. The L&D suite is pretty big, but the recovery rooms are not. LOL! I have a feeling that we were the only non-first-time parents there. Everyone in the group was so straight faced and serious! It was a little funny and we kept getting evil glares because we were joking around and acting stupid. They probably thought we should be taking it a bit more seriously. At the end, we found out that all the couples except one are having boys. Kinda interesting.
On the 8th we had our family portrait taken and then went to MyLovf's work Christmas party. I got some uninvited belly rubs (full on rubs) from none other than the owner of the company. So not awkward *she said sarcastically*. That happened twice. Yep. Twice. But the awful food and lack of anything fun totally made up for it. LM had a good time though and was very excited to be able to sit on Santa's lap and tell him what he wants for Christmas. This is the first year he didn't cry! Yay!
At our 30 week appt. my midwife said everything is pretty much text book, baby is head down already, and she is happy with development. We also heard the heartbeat again! Lovf that sound :)
And that brings us to week 31 and the survey that has been missing for the last month or so:
- How far along?: 31 Weeks
- Total weight gain: 149: starting weight was 126.
- How big is baby?: Almost 4 pounds and closing in on 19 inches (LM was 19 inches at birth)
- Maternity clothes?: Der
- Sleep?: I really cannot complain. Sleep has been pretty fabulous and I'm even able to stay on my back (preferred) as long as I'm propped up on my snoogle nest.
- Best moment this week/Milestones?: Bought myself a Moby wrap on Sunday. I can't wait to try it out! AND my sex drive is totally back. There are more than a few differences and things that weren't issues before are definitely issues now, but all in all, it's been fantastic!
- Movement: It would be easier to tell you when he's NOT moving. Crazy bugger is all over the place :)
- Food cravings?: Oranges!
- Belly button in or out?: It officially flattened out two weeks ago, but it isn't poking out yet. The asshole linea nigra is also back. Bitch.
- What I miss: Not a damn thing.
- What I'm looking forward to: CHRISTMAS!!!
- Developments: He's developing at an impressive clip: baby's brain connections (he's got to make trillions of them!). He's now processing information, tracking light, and perceiving signals from all five senses. He's also putting in longer stretches of sleep, which is why you're probably noticing more defined patterns of wakefulness (and movement) and rest (when he’s pretty still).
And *drum roll please* our 2013 family portrait: