- How far along?: 24 Weeks
- Total weight gain: I'll find out on Wednesday: starting weight was 126.
- How big is baby?: Is just about a foot long now. I believe it is a tradition to consume a foot-long sub sandwich or hot dog in baby’s honor at this point. I also believe I just made that up.
- Maternity clothes?: Yep
- Stretch marks?: I should stop looking for them. I do lotion every day and coconut oil when I'm feeling particularly itchy, but really, there's nothing I can do about it.
- Sleep?: Allergies have died down and I've gotten over the cold LM brought home from school, so it's getting back to normal.
- Best moment this week/Milestones?: VIABILITY DAY!!! The weight of paranoia is lifting
- Movement?:Starting to get predictable; looks like this tiny one is working himself out a routine. Unfortunately, most of his beebopping happens when I'm trying to rest.
- Food cravings?: Mmm FOOD!
- Belly button in or out?: It's mostly flat, but still a little concave.
- What I miss: Good sex. Perhaps I should be happy that we're having sex at all because at this time with LM I was four weeks into pelvic rest and going crazy. I hate to say it, but it pretty much sucks right now. We've cut way back from our pre-baby routine (which is understandable and not really the problem), but why does it feel like a hot poker? And once I get past that, why can't I get to my freaking orgasm!? MyLovf is being so patient with me and I know he's doing everything he can think of to get me there, but it's just not happening! None of the usual tricks work and all the new stuff we've tried just isn't doing it. I don't know what to do at this point and I am not happy :(
- What I'm looking forward to: We have an appointment on Wednesday, but I don't think it's going to be that exciting. I'm really looking forward to Halloween. LM wanted to be Wall-E, so mama went on a mission to find a reasonably priced one... no such luck. I ended up making it myself, and it turned out so flippin' cute! Definitely patting myself on the back :)
- Developments: Baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at about 1 1/3 pounds. Since he's almost a foot long, he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.
And because I still have the same dress:
|Pregnancy #1 vs. Pregnancy #2|