- How far along?: 23 Weeks
- Total weight gain: ?: starting weight was 126.
- How big is baby?: A tad bigger than last week! Are you sensing a pattern!? Goodness, I never realized how boring this stretch of pregnancy is, what with the “close to a pound, just over a pound, 11 inches long, 11 2/3 inches long” comparisons week after week.
- Maternity clothes?: Yep
- Stretch marks?: I think I'm still only sporting the ones from LM.
- Sleep?: Not so good the last couple of days. Allergies have hit me hard and I can't freakin' breathe! I've only tried Benadryl so far, but it's not helping much. I'm going to try Claritin today.
- Best moment this week/Milestones?: A friend of ours from California sent us a BUNCH of stuff including the exact same car seat model that I got last month. I took the one I bought right back to Babies R Us and saved myself $150! Yay for not taking that bad boy out of it's box! I think I'll put some of the money I saved toward a cute diaper bag backpack :)
- Movement?: Yeppers. Mostly at night though. It's a long day waiting for this little guy to get moving, but once he does, it's like a dance party in my ute. Upside to it is that MyLovf is around to feel it.
- Food cravings?: Mmm FOOD!
- Belly button in or out?: It's flattening out!
- What I miss: Erm...hmm...
- What I'm looking forward to: Viability day! One.more.week!
- Developments: The pancreas is kicking into gear and blood vessels continue to develop in the lungs. Lung development is a Big Thing right now, since babies born around 24 weeks gestation can often survive outside the womb. 23 weeks is pretty questionable, and 24 weeks certainly isn’t a peachy keen time to be born or anything, but still. If you’re the morbid sort who gets a tiny bit of comfort knowing that your baby has a fighting chance If Something Terrible Were To Happen, well, there you go.
- Other Stuff:
- In listening to my mom talking to my brother on the phone, I am starting to worry that she thinks she's going to have a super active role in this baby's day-to-day including putting him to bed "every night"... I wonder what I'm going to be doing? If I know myself (and I think I do), this is going to cause problems. I tend to be kind of selfish about the things I push out my brittney and I can't stand people overstepping boundaries with my kids.
- My grandma kissed.my.stomach on Friday. It took everything in me not to say anything or push her away. I HATE IT! What makes it worse is that she and my mom KNOW that I don't like stuff like that and they do it anyway! Agh! WTF?
- LM asks me multiple times per day "What's the baby doing?" Me: "Eating/Wiggling/Kicking me" LM: "That's what babies do?" Me: "Yep, that's what babies do!" The way he says it though, is so adorable. I gotta get it on film :)