- How far along?: 21 Weeks!
- Total weight gain: 135: starting weight was 126.
- How big is baby?: According to the u/s tech, baby is just a couple of ounces shy of a pound and is about 10½ inches long. That's close to the size of the worlds largest gummy bear, although, the gummy bear is a lot heavier (5 pounds) – I like the reference better than a banana.
- Maternity clothes?: Yes!
- Stretch marks?: It rubs the lotion on the skin ;)
- Sleep?: Still good when LM isn't kicking me. He's been making his way to our bed in the middle of the night. Not so fun to get woken up by a kick to the head.
- Best moment this week/Milestones?: We went to the anatomy scan on Thursday and everything is absolutely perfect. The tiny one is measuring two days ahead, which puts me in on Valentine's Day, but since it's only a two day difference, they didn't officially change my due date. The heart is beating away at 158 beats per minute! MyLovf was very close to missing the entire scan. Usually he beats me to the office, but traffic was horrible on the way and he was running late. My midwife's office however, was not. That is one thing I lovf (and now hate) about them. They are extremely punctual. If you're scheduled for a 4:00 appointment, that's when they're taking you back. I was texting him frantically trying to find out where he was and he wasn't answering! He finally called me while I was already in the room. I asked her to stay away from the money shots until he got there and she was happy to oblige, as well and going slowly to get the pics she needed. He ran through the door as she was finishing up, but she was nice enough to go back and quickly show him everything again. We got some awesome pictures.
- Movement?: More and more every day!
- Food cravings?: Nothing really this week.
- Belly button in or out?: Same
- What I miss: Having our bed to ourselves.
- What I'm looking forward to: The tech told us that we would be getting another scan at 28 weeks! I was surprised, I wasn't expecting to see LO again before February, but they're going to be doing a much more extensive 3D scan (we only got two 3D pics this last time). We didn't have that option at all with LM and I'm excited for the experience!
- Developments: Baby is steadily gaining fat to keep warm. Growth rate is slowing down but organ systems, like digestion, are continuing to mature. A waxy film, called the vernix caseosa, is being produced by your baby's oil glands and covers the skin to keep it supple in the amniotic fluid. Buds for permanent teeth are beginning to form.
Yep, the tech was right at our 12 week scan!
I cannot be more thrilled! While a little girl would have been really exciting, in the deepest, most secret places of my heart I was hoping for another boy. I think because my sister and I were such teenage terrors compared to my brothers; I didn't want to go through what my mother went through.
I guess my name post from a couple months ago was an all-for-nothing freak-out. We've got the middle name for this little guy locked down and have two front runners for the first name. I prefer one over the other and MyLovf likes them both equally. He even said he could flip a coin and be happy with either, so I'm thinking that means it's up to me... yes? I'm thinking yes ;) He technically picked out LM's name, so this one is mine, right? LOL