Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, May 22, 2009

34 Weeks!

Weekly Survey

  • How far along?: 34 weeks
  • Total weight gain: Update next week
  • How big is baby?: Approx 5 pounds
  • Maternity clothes?: Yep
  • Stretch marks?: Nope, but that linea is still so gross!
  • Sleep?: Not getting enough
  • Best moment this week?:
  • Movement?: He's my wiggly little dude!
  • Food cravings?: Anything with berries.
  • Labor signs?: Still getting Braxton Hicks and now occasional light cramping (no bleeding though)
  • Belly button in or out?: Still the same!
  • What I miss: have I mentioned sex yet?
  • What I'm looking forward to: The three day weekend!
  • Milestone: NBR: MyLovf and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary yesterday!
Yep! 3 years! But it feels like just yesterday I was standing in that gorgeous white dress marrying the lovf of my life! I hear that's a good sign; feeling like you've known someone for 50 years, but somehow, it also feels like you haven't been together very long at all. We took the day off of work to just be together. Tight budget dictated that this year's festivities be somewhat mellow compared to past years, but it was still really nice. We hung out together in the morning and around 2:00 we finally ventured out of the house to go see the new Terminator movie. Then we went to dinner at the... wait, you guess ::twiddles thumbs::... need another minute? ok ::whistles a tune::... right! The Olive Garden! How did you know?! I even tried something new! I usually get the seafood alfredo, but this time I got the risotto (hello Chef Ramsey in my head), and it was really good! I may just have a new favorite! The only mar on the day was that the Lakers lost against Denver in game two of the Conference Finals. I don't know WTH is up with them lately, but this seems to be a trend; win one, lose one, win one, lose one. Ugh! As long as they win the series, it doesn't really matter I suppose, but it's still so frustrating! They're better than this!

Whew! Kind of flew off on a tangent there, didn't I? Ok, Laker vent over.

In PG related news, my fingers are getting swollen! Not enough to make me take my ring off, but enough that I now have a light impression from it. I really hope I get to keep it on for the remaining six weeks. It's kind of a waste of money to go out and get a cheapy one at this point, but I am not comfortable with NOT wearing one. I'm also starting to get uncomfortable. It's getting harder and harder for me to find a position to sleep in that won't result in something being sore in the morning. My poor hips! I don't know how much more they can take! And I grunt every time I turn over; DH is always waking up asking me if I'm ok. I may just be hitting that wall of "get this kid out" sooner than I expected!

It also doesn't help when co-workers and other people comment on my size. I am NOT ready to explode, thank you very much! What kind of person says that to a pregnant woman? Also, the looks of horror I get when I say that I still have about six weeks to go... those suck too. Someone out there really needs to put a list together of the Things You Should NEVER Say to a Pregnant Woman and just post it up everywhere. That person would be forever lovfed and adored.

So, last week I promised pics from our baby shower, and here they are. These are by far not all of them, but I couldn't convince my SIL to email them all at once. She's sending me a CD, so you'll probably be seeing more of them when I finally get it.

Have you ever had one of those days where you look in the mirror and think "damn, I look good today"? Not that you're being conceited or anything, but we all have those days right? This happened to be one of those days for me, which should've been great... until I saw pictures of myself. Now, looking at them, all I see was that "my hair looks gross in that one" or "eew, look at that fat roll!" or holy jeez, my nose looks huge!" I know we are all our own worst critics, but I really wish that I could look at these pics without negatively analyzing them. ::le sigh::

This is the taco lady that they hired. OMG, they were so good, I could not stop pigging out!

The belleh with a cute little "It's a Boy" confetti thing stuck to my dress.
The cake! It was so cute and tasted like pure heaven!
Cutting the cake.
**Ask me about that sash sometime. There's an interesting, albeit annoying-as-hell story behind it.
Me and MyLovf
The "loot" ; )
My MIL made this blanket. It matches everything else in the nursery : )
My grandma crocheted three blankets for the Teeny One. They're so soft and so beautiful! I don't think he'll ever actually use them for anything other than pictures. Don't want to get spit up or poo on them!
This game was called "How Big is Mama?", but I think "Destroy What's Left of Mama's Self-Esteem" would've been a better title.
MyLovf with baby's namesake (his best friend)
Me and my parents
Me and my grandma. She always calls the belleh her "balóncito" (that's "little ball" for all you non-spanish speaking folks)
Me and our hosts; my SIL and our friend Travis
Left to right: My brother, SIL, Jen (Trav's GF), Trav, Me, MyLovf, Meg and Pete (Trav's roommates)
This was taken during the after party. I don't know why they felt the need to take a photo looking at the "baby maker". They're all so wonderfully weird!

Comparison shot. The first is from 24 weeks, I lovfed the picture so much that I wanted to duplicate it 10 weeks later. The lighting was way different, but I think it came out pretty good anyway. Check out the difference in belleh size! Wow!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You look wonderful in all of your pictures!! Where did you get your shower dress? I love it!

Ro @ Ro is me! said...

Aww!

Looks like so much fun! Love the dress! You looked great!

Mrs.F said...

LOVED your dress! You looked gorgeous... I know what you mean about being our own worst critics though haha. I'm the same way looking at all my recent pictures too!

Khelli said...

OMG...I don't know what you are talking about You look gorgeous as usual! I love the dress.