Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Yesterday wasn’t all together terrible

It wasn’t the best either though. Little decided on Sunday night that he was going to be a pill and was up every hour starting around midnight. I got up at 5 o’clock in the morning and was exhausted. I fed him (crying moment #1) and then pumped right after because I’d read that you have the most milk in the morning. Not so in my case, but I shouldn’t have been surprised, my boobs just don’t do “normal”. I got myself ready while MyLovf, who didn’t have to get out of bed till 6, cuddled with Little (crying moment #2). Then I got my little man ready for his first day of daycare (crying moment #3). We actually left the house on time and I dropped off my sweet baby with the morning teacher (crying moments #4, 5 and 6) and headed off for my first day back at work. I was literally counting down the minutes until I could run across the street and feed him and play a little.

Everyone was really glad to see me back. Probably because they’ve been really slammed since the last round of lay offs in August. Every time someone stopped by my cube, they asked after Little (crying moments #7-15). At 9:30, I ran across the street to see him. I spent probably 20 minutes over there, fed him and put him down for a nap. I did that at 11:30 and again at 2:00. At 3:30 I was out for the day... Oh, I forgot to mention that I’m working a different schedule now. Instead of coming in at 8:00, taking an hour lunch and leaving at 5:00, I come in at 7:00, take a half hour lunch and leave at 3:30. As much as I hate waking up so early, I lovf, lovf, lovf leaving that place at 3:30!

Having him so close is really what is getting me through right now. I have 3 breaks during the day, so I can run over there and spend time with him and kiss and hug on him. He seems to be ok with the arrangement. I found him twice in a swing and then playing on the floor when I walked in the door. The other babies in the room are all so cute! And there is one other that is right around his age. The teachers are really nice and there’s even another baby whose mother works in my building.

As much fun as our current set up is (note sarcasm), we would much rather have me home. We’re working on getting our mortgage modified. We, like most other people, took a substantial hit on our house when the market turned. It’s probably worth 70% of what we paid for it in 2006, so we’re hoping that our mortgage company will give us a break and lower our payments. If we can get it lowered enough, I can stay home. So far, it looks good, but we don’t know how long it will take to get everything squared away. In the mean time, I have to work. We need to keep the roof over our little ones’ head! I cannot wait for the day that I can blow this popsicle stand!

So that’s all for now I guess. Counting down till I get to see my Little again. Only a half hour to go!


Rachel H. said...

I can only wish for a set-up that great when Weston is born...I don't see it happening though! :(