- How far along?: 18 Weeks
- Total weight gain: ?: starting weight was 126.
- How big is baby?: Baby is the size of a pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream! Yum... my baby sounds delicious!
- Maternity clothes?: Yes!
- Stretch marks?: No new ones so far.
- Sleep?: Good, but still totally exhausted.
- Best moment this week/Milestones?: LM started preschool! He did so great and the teachers said that he got along with all the other kids. I cried like an idiot after dropping him off (but not till I got back to the car). I called a couple hours later to check on him and cried again when the teacher said he was just fine ('cause that's not weird...). Such a proud mama :)
- Movement?: Yep! Little one is kicking me right now :)
- Food cravings?: Still on a red grape kick. They are so freakin' good and such a better alternative to the 10 pounds of Smarties I want to eat.
- Belly button in or out?: Same
- What I miss: To not have people rubbing on my stomach...
- What I'm looking forward to: My birthday next weekend!
- Developments: Baby’s ears are functioning now and the neurological connections
from the ear to the brain are now developed, allowing it to hear.
Throughout the rest of your pregnancy, your baby will hear and process
all the sounds around it. Your baby is beginning to get tuned into your
voice and your partner’s voice, and at birth will recognize and be
soothed by your voices. Your baby’s bones are beginning to harden, a process called ossification.
Your baby is beginning to develop a grasping reflex, grabbing hold of
its hands, fingers, toes, and umbilical cord. Full strength of the
grasping reflex will not be achieved for many more weeks.