- How far along?: 25 Weeks
- Total weight gain:140: starting weight was 126.
- How big is baby?: Baby weighs about 1½ pounds and is 13½ inches long. He's about the size of a rutabaga (where the hell do they come up with these size comparisons???)
- Maternity clothes?: Exclusively now.
- Stretch marks?: I'm just gonna go with yes. I doubt I would be able to tell new ones from old ones anyway.
- Sleep?: I officially can't sleep lying down anymore. I've tried every which way I can think of with my Snoogle, but I always wake up with something sore. I've resorted to my 3rd Tri trick from LM and make a nest with my Snoogle and a bunch of pillows so that I'm sleeping at an angle. It's working well so far :)
- Best moment this week/Milestones?: We had our monthly appointment on Wednesday and my midwife is very happy with mine and tiny one's progress. His heartbeat was thumping away at 146 beats per minute and I've gained 14 pounds (as opposed to 21 with LM). "Very healthy" she kept saying. Yay.
- Movement?: Oh yes; and today I am more appreciative of it than ever.
- Food cravings?: I had to have some animal style fries from In N Out... and I got them :)
- Belly button in or out?: Flattening and almost starting to pop out.
- What I miss: I dunno right now.
- What I'm looking forward to: Almost in double digits! This is going by so fast; it feels like we just found out I was pregnant yesterday.
- Developments: He's beginning to exchange his long, lean look for some baby fat. As he does, his wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and he'll start to look more and more like a newborn. He's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.
I had a pretty bad fall yesterday thanks to LM thinking it was a hilarious game to squirt the dog with a water bottle. I had no idea the tile floor was wet and slipped in it. I hit hard on my right side before I knew what the hell was happening and started screaming like a possessed person. I had a nightmare about it last night. The screaming. Even though I didn't land on my stomach, I was so terrified that I had just killed my baby. My poor grandma came flying down the stairs (which was a feat in itself because she has had both knees replaced) to find me still on the floor sobbing and screaming. I didn't get up until after I had called my midwife and MyLovf who immediately left work yelling to his co-workers that I had fallen and he was leaving. A normally hour long commute only took him 40 minutes. I don't like to think about how fast he must've been driving. By the time he got home I was lying down, chugging water, and allowing the tiny one to calm me down with frequent kicks. We got to the hospital and after what seemed like forever in Intake, they wheeled me up to L&D triage. I was hooked up to the monitors for about an hour listening to an amplified tiny one rolling, kicking, and thumping away. Sweet music. Thank God that aside from my arm, hip, and side being crazy sore, neither of us was seriously injured.
I spent today parked on the couch with my crochet bag.