- How far along?: 26 Weeks
- Total weight gain: ?: starting weight was 126.
- How big is baby?: Baby is almost two pounds. I celebrated this milestone with a two-pound box of chocolates. You know, in order to really get a good VISUAL. ;)
- Maternity clothes?: Exclusively.
- Stretch marks?: *Le sigh* Should I just accept my fate and take this one down?
- Sleep?: My Snoogle/pillow nest is still working. I don't wake up at all unless LM comes to our bed.
- Best moment this week/Milestones?: Double Digits! What what!? Freakin' everything was awesome this week. I dunno what it was, but it was pretty wonderful... except that I found out I need to get a prior root canal/crown retreated. So super fun. I'm trying to put it off as long as possible.
- Movement?: Yeppers. My mom finally copped a feel on Friday night when this little guy got a good wiggle session going. She could see my belly moving, so of course she HAD to feel him! At least one of us was happy...
- Food cravings?: Sweets!
- Belly button in or out?: Flattening and almost starting to pop out.
- What I miss: I dunno right now.
- What I'm looking forward to: Our next appointment is in 11 days and I'm supposed to get a growth ultrasound (hopefully with 3D) and we're taking our hospital tour then, too. Should be an exciting baby centered afternoon.
- Developments: The network of nerves in baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat.
I think my dad talked to my mom about grabbing on me all the time. I had mentioned to him that our next door neighbor had touched me without invitation or warning and that it really upset me, (this was a few weeks ago) and she has really toned it down... until Friday. Now if I could just hide my bouncing belly, it would be all good :)