I know. I know. I have no excuse other than I lack motivation to do just about anything. That includes going up the stairs to retrieve my laptop in order to type out a new post. I was really hoping that the nesting instinct would've kicked in by now, but it just hasn't. I'm so flippin' tired all the time and there's still a lot to do. Thankfully, we were able to get out to storage and find the boxes full of baby clothes and some other items I'll be needing right away. We'll have to go back though, because we didn't locate any of the receiving blankets, burp cloths, or heart beat teddy bear that helped us so tremendously with Little Man.
Since we last met, my little sister gave birth to my nephew! Born at 37 weeks on December 20 at 3:52pm, weighing in at 5 pounds and 5 ounces, and was 18.5 inches long. All ten fingers and all then toes are accounted for and he's been pretty good to her so far. My mom flew out to CO on a 10:00am flight; two hours after my sister called to let us know her water had broken. After flight delays and rental car mishaps, she made it to the delivery room barely 20 minutes before he was born. My sister was super happy that she made it in time; even though, in my mind, she was only there for the easy part. Labor took the better part of a week! Seriously. She had been contracting on and off for four days! I really hope mine doesn't take so long. She got practically no sleep and was exhausted by the time she had to start pushing.
My mom ended up staying with my sister for 5 days and came home on Christmas Day. We held off opening presents until she got home... well, everyone except Little Man. There was no stopping him!
|Baking cookies for Santa!|
|This one is mine?|
|MyLovf and I on Christmas Day|
- How far along?: 34 Weeks
- Total weight gain: 153: starting weight was 126.
- How big is baby?: Baby is about 5 pounds and could be as long as 20 inches!
- Maternity clothes?: Yep
- Sleep?: I'm getting up at least once a night (usually twice) to pee and waking up for the day around 7:00 every morning, no matter what time I go to sleep. Still can't really complain.
- Best moment this week/Milestones?: I found a My Brest Friend at Goodwill for $3.99! I couldn't believe it when I saw it sitting on a pile of pillows. Talk about an awesome deal!
- Movement: It has slowed down a little, but still pretty regular. He must be running out of room.
- Food cravings?: Eat all the foods!
- Belly button in or out?: Still flat. I don't know if it's going to pop or not. It didn't with LM. Asshole linea seems to have gotten darker since the first time around though. Freakin' thing. I hate it so much!
- What I miss: "Regular" sex. It's become a bit of a production and I'm really hoping it doesn't take long for everything to get back to normal after delivery. Also missing having energy!
- What I'm looking forward to: Our next appointment on Tuesday!
- Developments: The vernix (the white coating protecting your baby’s skin) is getting thicker. This week, a boy's testicles start making their way down from his abdomen to their final destination: his scrotum (look out below!). In other baby-related developments, those tiny fingernails have probably reached the tips of his fingers by now - and getting ready for that first postpartum manicure.