My little guy is 5 months (and 1 day) old! Where has the time gone? Let's see... since he didn't have a well baby check up this month, I guess I'll just do a milestone update.
- He's a lot more talkative! He wakes up in the morning and will hold a 10 minute conversation with his daddy while getting dressed for the day.
- He'll look at you if you call his name.
- He laughs at everything! Especially his goofy daddy who will play peek-a-boo with him all night if I don't remind him that the little guy has to go to bed.
- He takes his "solids" like a champ! He's tried all of the stage 1 vegetables. His favorite is peas. We're giving him bananas right now and surprisingly, he's not much of a fan.
- He's refusing to nap. Not such a big deal for me during the day because he's at daycare, but I really feel the effects when I try to put him down for the night. On days when he hasn't slept well, it's definitely a struggle.
- He's still working on perfecting the belly-to-back roll over. He doesn't do it much; usually when he gets fed up with tummy time. He's tried back-to-belly a few times, but gets stuck about halfway. It's so funny to watch!
- He's more interested in the myriad of toys that surround him. His favorite is this guy: He jitters when you pull on him and makes a rattle sound. My Little doesn't go anywhere without his Phlump (my made up word for elephant that I've used since I was little).
- He can almost sit up! He's still very wobbly, so we have to keep him balanced, but he can keep himself in a seated position without tipping forward.
I think that's all, though I'm sure I'm forgetting something. I've totally lost my memory... along with my hair. I've read it's fairly common to start losing your hair when your baby is about 3 months old, but this is absolutely ridiculous. If I rake my fingers through my hair I can pull out 10-15 strands at a time; every.singe.time. It's disgusting. And we won't even talk about the state of my shower drain. I miss many things about being pregnant, one of the biggest ones being the glorious pregnancy hair! ::sob::
MyLovf and I went and got the H1N1 vaccination yesterday. He developed a seriously stuffy nose and sore throat while I had a bit of nausea. I'm feeling normal this morning, but I think he's getting worse. How weird that we'd have such different reactions even though we got the same shot at the same time.
And lastly... Happy 5 Months to my birth date twin, Maura! Lovf you and little Lyla Anne! ;)