I am officially the most pregnant I've ever been! It's so weird to think that LM was already here at this point. This little guy seems perfectly content to stay right where he is and that is totally fine with me. I really really want him to hold out until February so his birth stone will be an amethyst. I love amethysts :)
I'm happy to say that this past week has been much nicer to me than the one before. Energy is still scarce and I've been battling a slight cold for the last few days, but I was able to get some stuff done. Our trip to storage was a bust, so I did end up going to Goodwill for a few receiving blankets and burp cloths. I'm thinking that trip was meant to be because I found burp cloths with LO's name already embroidered on them! What are the odds? I also finished up all my crochet projects (including a pair of booties and a blanket for LO) and put my Etsy shop on vacation mode. Thankfully this is not usually a busy time of year for the shop so I shouldn't miss out on too much income from there.
Yesterday my honey went into full-on nesting mode and completed every single trivial little project I had for him on my honey-do list. I cleaned up our room and ironed a few things and then plopped my butt down on the couch for the Lakers game. I didn't get up again until it was time to get ready for our last date night before little guy's arrival. We pigged out on ribs at Lucielle's! Nom.
My mantra to LO right now is the number of days left until February. Today is "Only 5 days left until you can come my little lovf!" I sing it to him all the time. I'm hoping that by putting it out into the universe, I'll get not only the birth stone I want, but also the date. Silly and self indulgent? Yeah, probably. But it doesn't hurt anyone so what the hell? *shrugs* I put my 36 week belly pic up on my FB page a few days ago and my BFF commented that I could go any day (which is true). My mom felt the need to chime in that "Baby has to wait til I get back. Sunday 2/2 would be a good day to be born." Because, you know, her being home for the birth is all that matters. I'm surprised my eyes didn't roll out of my head. I'm thinking she's forgotten (or perhaps doesn't believe) that she will, once again, not be invited into the delivery room. My perfect fantasy scenario at this point would be to go into labor late Friday night after LM is in bed and have LO arrive on Saturday morning. That way I don't have to worry about people in the waiting room salivating to get in to see the new squish and won't have to worry about my mother ambushing me or trying to guilt me into letting her stay with me while I push... again. A Saturday morning delivery would mean that she'd still be in transit from Colorado (where her presence was apparently more vital) and I could avoid all confrontation completely. *crossing my fingers and wishing on stars*
I'm also mildly obsessed with how to put my hair up for the actual pushing phase. Because. Ya know. That is so the one thing I'm going to be worried about as I'm getting ready to force a watermelon out of my hooha... *hangs head*
- How far along?: 37 Weeks
- Total weight gain: ?: starting weight was 126
- How big is baby?: At this age, the average fetus weighs about 6.5 pounds
- Maternity clothes?: My wardrobe is shrinking by the day. I hate to think of the money I invested in clothing only to not be able to wear it the entire time.
- Sleep?: Pretty ok even without the sexy time help. Poor DH; I had to deflate his balloon and tell him no more sex for the time being. It's just too much for me right now. Plus, I think he's had it pretty good up to this point.
- Best moment this week/Milestones?: There is officially no more I can do to be ready for LO's arrival. Everything we need has been purchased or pulled out of storage, all the tiny laundry is done (and folded/put away), car seat is in the car, childcare is arranged for LM, hospital bag is packed, the house is clean, etc. ad nauseum. It's just a waiting game now.
- Movement: Not just moving, but crazy big, almost painful movements. I'm feeling hiccups and kicks pretty much all over. I have no idea what the heck he's up to in there.
- Food cravings?: I've been very particular about having a certain breakfast pastry, but nothing crazy.
- Belly button in or out?: Flat still. At this point I doubt it'll pop.
- What I miss: Alcohol again. I was surrounded by yummy looking cocktails at dinner last night. Want!
- What I'm looking forward to: Weekly appointment with ultrasound on Wednesday! Please, oh please little one, be head down again!
- Developments: Congratulations! You've got what is officially considered a full-term baby, even with three weeks to go. That doesn't mean he's finished growing - in fact, he's still packing on about a half pound a week. That makes it a little crowded in your uterus, so he’s probably not kicking as much, though he’s probably stretching, rolling a bit, and wiggling. Right now, your little superstar is busy rehearsing for his big debut, inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid (to get the lungs ready for that first breath), sucking his thumb (to prepare for that first suckle of milk), blinking, and turning from side to side.