Thursday, February 12, 2009

20 weeks (part II)

I guess the day had to be marked in a special way!

It seems that BabyLovf is already giving his/her mama a run for her money. And I have the hospital bracelet to commemorate the day!

I just got out of OB triage for cramps. I was having them all day. At first, I thought it was because I was dehydrated (I have trouble drinking so much water) so I downed two bottles of water before lunch. When they didn't let up, I put in a call to my doctor. An hour later, I get a call from his nurse saying that he wanted me to go to L&D to be monitored. I was totally fine (emotionally) until she said that. I didn't panic or anything, but I did start freaking out. Every little kick from the babe was like a God-send. Half an hour later I was at the hospital. Luckily, they didn't make me wait around before they saw me. I was in the room right away. I changed into a gown, gave a urine sample and was on the monitor a few minutes later. She checked BabyLovf's heartbeat and it was fine; totally normal at 150bpm. Oh the relief!

I was on the monitor for about two hours. I could see every time I had a cramp, and when they didn't stop after about half an hour, she gave me a shot of tributaline (sp?) to see if that would help. It kind of did, the cramps were fewer and further between, but now I'm starting to feel them again. Not as bad as before though, thank goodness. That thing also made my heart rate jump from the mid 80's to the low 100's and it stayed up there for the rest of the visit. I literally felt like I ran a mile, then immediately laid down to try and go to sleep, so crazy.

So now I'm home. My doc put me on pelvic rest and I've been ordered to "take it easy". I don't know how much easier I can take it, all I do is sit at my desk all day and lay on the couch watching TV until we go to bed, but I will try!

Oh, and how could I forget that my mother was totally spazzing out. The whole time I was in the room I was getting text after text after text wanting to know what was going on, and could she please please please come to the hospital to sit with me? I managed to put her off long enough for us to get out of the hospital. BUT, now they're on the way over to the house to make sure I'm ok. At least they're bringing Taco Bell!


Molly said...

Oh my goodness-- I'm glad you're okay. Did your doctor give you any clue as to what was wrong?