Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 8, 2008

The final milestone

Saturday, December 6th. The EDD for SweetPea. I could've been a brand new mama by now preparing our newborn for his/her first Christmas.

I had a melt down on the way home from work on Friday; I had to pull over to the side of the road 'cause I couldn't see. I think I was all cried out by the time Saturday rolled around. I took a short internet break (or else I'm sure this particular post would've been MUCH sadder) and we went over to my parents' house for dinner and to help them decorate their house. We stayed there till almost midnight putting up lights! We went and picked out our Christmas tree. I generally just kept myself as busy as possible so that I would be too distracted to think about it. It worked to a certain degree. Yesterday, my parents and baby brother came over to help me decorate since DH had to work all day. The house looks great, very festive : )

I'm so thankful for the baby we have today, even though it's hard to think that we could've been parents two times over already. We could be looking into the face our our precious one this very moment, or I could be trying my damndest not to scream bloody murder while I bring my child into the world. So many "could've beens". I pray every day that our little one is growing in there and I like to think that Peanut and SweetPea are watching over their little sister/brother and keeping her/him safe and sound. I'd better stop now before I start crying at work.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:::Hugs::: if you need to talk let me know.

Shell said...

I'm so sorry it was such a hard day for you. I'll keep you in my prayers.

L said...

((hugs))

Ro @ Ro is me! said...

((HUGS))

I'm so sorry you had a rough day. Remember that we're here for you, hon.