I'm going to go ahead and start up the questionnaire thing I did with Little Man:
- How far along?: 9 weeks
- Total weight gain: +2 pounds (between appointments on July 5 and July 10)
- How big is baby?: The size of a green olive and a weighs a fraction of an ounce.
- Maternity clothes?: Not yet, but I have been wearing a lot of dresses and skirts with give. I really took it for granted how much I would be showing by now. Craziness.
- Stretch marks?: No, but I know it's just a matter of time.
- Sleep?: Fine until MyLovf snores really loudly...
- Best moment this week?: We had our first ultrasound on Wednesday where we got to see the little one and hear the heartbeat. We also told our families!
- Movement?: Nothing yet.
- Food cravings?: I had a hankering for Vietnamese food; I totally got it!
- Labor signs?: Nope
- Belly button in or out?: Same
- What I miss: I could go for a glass of wine, but it's not that big a deal.
- What I'm looking forward to: Our next appointment. We'll be getting an NT scan and will be able to see the baby again!
- Developments: From BabyCenter: Essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. The eyes are fully formed, but the eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. Your baby now has tiny earlobes and it's mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Your baby's basic physiology is in place and is poised for rapid weight gain.